- here to read the article about Auto-sleep and Battery saver.
- Auto-sleep. Click here to read the article about Auto-sleep and Battery saver.
- Opens Advanced settings (see below).
- Send feedback. Allows you to send your feedback and submit logs to support team.
- Default folder location. If Simple mode is enabled, All new shares will be stored in this directory. If there is already a folder with same name, the new share will get (1) index in its name.
- File download location. This is the directory where shared files will be stored by default. More details about file sharing are here.
- Simple mode. When it's off, you will be able to select the share's location and pick already existing folders from your system. To learn more about Simple Mode, read this article.
- Advanced search. A more refined search, but may take a while in big shares.
- Show full file names. If a file has a long name, the name gets truncated to fit the screen. Keep this option enabled to see full name.
- Shows/hides hidden files in the folder view. By default hidden items (names starting with a dot) do not show up in Sync UI.
- Autoupdate Gallery. When a new media file arrives, it's automatically added to media library. Check that sync share doesn't have .nomedia file inside.
- Language. Select the language for Sync UI.
- Proxy. SOCKS4, SOCKS5 and HTTPS poxy are supported.
- Listening port. The port on which Sync listens to incoming connections. Check that this port is open in firewall.
- Use UPnP port mapping.
- Use embedded video player. If option enabled, you can play videos right in Sync using built-in player. Here's the list of supported formats.
- Debug logging. Sync keeps record of all its activity. Keep logging enabled if you experience an issue with Sync so as to submit the log to support to investigate. Logs are stored in storage folder in /data/data/com.resilio.sync/files/.sync
- Cleanup. Clears residual files as well as current debug logs.
- Power user settings. See them explained here.
Identity: shows details about current identity as well as list of linked devices. There's also option to unlink iOS from the identity or link more devices to it.
Network: shows details about current network connection, allows to configure proxy, disable/enable usage of mobile data, change listening port or UPnP port mapping.
Storage: information about storage usage (see here for details).
Touch ID & passcode: allows to protect your Sync (and all files in it) with a pin-lock. Note, that once protected, Sync won't be able to show the files in Recents in Files app.
Advanced: gives access to advanced settings and power user settings (see here for details).
Support: offers to open Help Center, community forum or contact support team.
Rate us: redirects to Appstore.
1. Yields information about program version as well as lets you send your feedback and rate Sync.
2. Shows your name (the identity name you chose upon running Sync for the first time), device name and certificate fingerprint as it is shown to other users.
Note that you can change device name: to do so, tap 'edit'.
3. Controls notifications in your notification area. It appears when you receive approval request after sharing your folder.
4. Allows or forbids using your mobile internet to sync data.
5. Allows to set 4-digit passcode to protect your files in Sync.
Note that if you forget your code you won't be able to access your Sync and synced files from your WinPhone device. You'll have to re-install the app, losing all the downloaded within the app data (it will remain intact on other peers).
6. Shows advanced settings.
7. Makes it possible to copy key when sharing a sync folder or backup. Key is available for copying only, not for sending by email. Key is copied to clipboard from where is may be pasted to any convenient means of transferring key to other peers (mails, messengers, etc.).
8. Turns Proxy on/off.
Once Proxy in enabled, you'll need to set the type of proxy (Note that HTTP is not supported as Sync cannot sync files over HTTP.) as well as Server IP/URL, port and decide whether authorization is required.
Go to top