Resilio Sync does its best to re-send as few packets as possible. It splits each files into pieces from 32KB (kilobytes) up to 2MB (megabytes),depending on overall file size, prior to transfer. Only changed pieces are transferred, not the whole file again. However, if a file changes in a way that all pieces shift , the whole file will be re-synced. Sync Business has diff delta sync feature, which allows avoid re-syncing even in this case. See here for more details.
Articles in this section
- Can I change the name of my Sync identity?
- What is '.sync' folder, and StreamsList, IgnoreList and Archive inside?
- Can I connect two pre-populated pre-existing folders?
- When a file changes, does Resilio Sync transfer the entire file again, or just the part that's changed?
- I still have questions, where can I get answers?
- Can I use Resilio Sync to backup from an internal drive to an externally connected USB drive?
- Is it possible to share a nested folder separately?
- How soon does synchronization start?
- Is one-way synchronization possible?
- Can I move or rename a syncing folder?