Once the billing information is entered and payment is processed, you'll get an e-mail confirming your purchase with the license key attached. If you haven't received the mail, please contact support. To activate your license, click the btskey file provided in the e-mail:
In Sync using Web UI (mainly on Linux and NAS) only manual connection is possible, therefore, to activate your Sync, follow the instructions below***:
1. Download the btskey file attached to the e-mail.
2. Open it in your text editor.
3. Copy the chain of symbols and paste it into the manual connection box:
Note: if you are using Sync 2.0 - 2.1, be sure to add btsync:// before the chain of symbols.
When you activate your copy of Sync, a welcome window will appear. Here you can review your subscription details as well share you licenses (if you've purchased additional seats) with others. The person who receives a license from you will be able to create his/her own mesh of devices embraced by their unique Sync certificate (identity).
As soon as license is applied to an identity, each of the devices belonging to this identity will upgrade to the PRO version. For example, if you have a desktop and two laptops - all linked via My devices - then upgrading to PRO (activating a license) on the desktop computer will automatically switch Sync into the PRO mode on the laptops. If later on you decide to link even more devices to your identity, the instances of Sync running on those devices will be upgraded to PRO automatically
If you have purchased an Home license for personal use, you can activate it on up to 10 devices running Sync under different certificates. To do so, simply click the file you received in the confirmation e-mail consecutively on all of your devices.
If you have purchased a multi-seat license for business use, you can share extra seats with others. Sharing a seat with another user will upgrade their copy of Sync to the Pro version.
Go to Sync Preferences > Licenses...
- 'E-mail' - this will open your default mail client and paste the license sharing link into the e-mail.
- 'Copy' - this will copy license sharing link to clipboard. You can then manually paste the link into an e-mail, text file, message etc which will be sent to another person.
When a person has received the link from you, he/she should click on it - and Sync will import the license into their instance of the program. Alternatively, that person can paste the link manually into the manual connection box (see above).
- When a person clicks on the link, this will direct them to the link landing page where they can install Sync (if they don't have it yet).
- Linux and NAS users can add a shared seat through the manual connection box only.
Once they've completed the above steps, you will get a notification:
By hitting approval, you will grant one of your seats to that person.
If you go back to the Licenses window, you'll see that one more seat has been used. At the foot of the page you can find the name of the user you've shared one of your seats with:
Please note that if you are a business user, you can purchase additional seats at any time. Just go to the Licenses window (Options > Licenses) and click Buy additional seats.