In case of numerous agents in your environment you can use Connect's Distribution job to deliver new agent to your desktops as well do actual upgrade.
Follow next steps:
- Ensure that your target OSes meet the prerequisites (specific for each OS, see below)
- Create Distribution job.
- Source path should contain at least 2 files for each OS you plan to upgrade: a script and a binary. See particular OS below, files section.
- OS and actual path on source does not matter. Path on target computer also does not matter.
- Ensure to enable one of triggers "Run script when agent completes download" or "Run script when all agents complete download".
- Get the OS-specific command and put it into relevant OS script box.
- Ensure that job only runs manually
- Run the job once ready.
Prerequisites. Please ensure your Agents on windows run under "SYSTEM" or admin account. If they run under "Local Service" account, automatic upgrade is not possible due to security subsystem limitations.
To adopt instruction for x86 version of Windows, change scripts and filenames accordingly.
Files. Next files must be delivered to your Windows destination:
Resilio-Connect-Agent_x64.exe (ask sales or support for download link)
Command. Put next command in "Windows" section of the trigger:
start cmd /c "agent_update_win.cmd"
Output. The script will generate an "update-<date>.log" file in each Agent's storage folder. Use it to debug any issues that arise during upgrade.
Prerequisites. Resilio Connect Agent app must be installed in system's global "/Applications" folder. Please ensure that user with admin privileges logged in during the upgrade. The script will prompt for admin password during upgrade to actually replace application bundles.
Files. Next files must be delivered to your OS X destination:
Resilio-Connect-Agent.dmg (ask sales or support for download link)
Command. Put next commands in "Mac" section of the trigger:
chmod +x agent_update_mac
nohup ./agent_update_mac &
Output. The script will show system notifications once starting upgrade and once done. Also, script will ask for admin password, so minor user interaction required. Output log file "update-<date>.log" will spawn in each Agent's storage folder. Use it to debug any issues that arise during upgrade.
As Agent runs under rslagent or local user account, update cannot be triggered by Agent itself due to Linux security model.
Use your Linux packet manager to update your packages. When installed via Resilio official repository Agent will update automatically with next system update.
For NAS devices use new NAS packages to update Agents.